A Special Message from Focus Middle Tennessee
Greetings friends, family, advertisers and community partners:
We’re so proud to soon be in our fourth year of production in Middle Tennessee. Over the past three years, we’ve met so many wonderful people on this journey. The support that we’ve garnered along the way gives us great joy. From the stories we’ve been able to share, the events we’ve been able to sponsor and the businesses that we’ve been able to show as welcoming, we are sincerely humbled. We thank you all!
As we are wrapping up our third year with our May+June travel + pride issue, JET, due to our health crisis, we made the decision to not print this issue and, in lieu, offer a digital-only version.
It’s going to be a great issue full of places to travel to once we’re at a logical, safe point to do so. We’re also going to provide the latest updates on all of the local Pride festivals. Did you know that on June 26, 2020, we will be celebrating five years since Obergefell vs. Hodges that gave same-sex couples the right to marry in all 50 states? Did you know we have one of the attorneys right here in Middle Tennessee that helped to make that happen? She will be featured in our May+June issue!
Can’t stop, won’t stop! We have extended our 40 over 40 recognition deadline. We are accepting submissions until May 15. Please email us at email@example.com with the name and contact information of whom you think is deserving of recognition. It could be someone who has started the second chapter of their life or someone who volunteers their time to worthy causes. Maybe you have a neighbor who looks out for the elderly in your neighborhood. We welcome all submissions.
As we continue to practice social distancing, we are adding to our digital footprint. We have been sharing more content on our website, social media, and through our newsletter. We feel that as we adjust to what is happening around us, we will safeguard our publication. We are committed to educating, informing, and featuring folks in our community. Our focus is on our readers and how we serve our community now and in the future.
We love you, Middle Tennessee! Without your continued support, we would not be here. This is why we have a simple ask of you. Support us now, more than ever. But how do you support us? Well, we have lots of ways and most of them do not cost you a single cent.
Here are ways you can support:
- Visit Our Website – We have a great site that is full of YOUR stories. Rediscover a favorite today. Visit focusmidtenn.com.
- Read Our Virtual Issues – We have nearly 3 years of content visible digitally online. Visit focusmidtenn.com/virtual-issue.
- Share Our Content on Social Media – Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter. Comment on our posts. Share them. Engage with us. Tell us what you think!
- Patronize Our Advertisers – These businesses are ones that support you. Support them!
- Sign Up for our E-Newsletter – Be in-the-know and get our news delivered directly to your inbox! Sign up on our website (It’s at the very bottom of the main page) or click here.
- Become a Contributor – Write for us. Send us photos. Share your stories with us. We want to show Middle Tennessee and everyone else what we’re made of. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buy a tee from Rocketshirts! – We’ve been recognized as a small business that is #HereForGoodTN. If you’re not familiar with this fundraiser, you can purchase a shirt from Rocketshirts and designate us (be sure to select Focus Middle Tennessee from the drop-down!) as the small business you want to support. For every shirt sold, we will receive $10 that we can apply to our operating costs. https://www.rocketshirts.net/pages/hereforgood
- Buy a Subscription – For only $25 per year, you’ll receive 6 print issues, delivered right to your mailbox. You’ll stay informed about the Middle Tennessee LGBT+ community, and you’ll support local journalism.
Thanks for being a friend of Focus. We’re proud to be the premier source of LGBT+ stories in Middle Tennessee. With your support, we will get through this crisis together, and stronger than ever.
The Focus Middle Tennessee family